Friday, April 15, 2011

My, how he's grown.....

As I sat and rocked Griffin to sleep tonight, I couldn't help but think about the last seven months. It has flown by. I'm both happy and sad about this fact. Happy because it means that he has become such an inquisitive little boy who wants to learn about everything. Sad because I so quickly wished time would go faster so I could get out of the rough ride of "grumpy griffin." Everyone said.... Enjoy it because they grow up so fast, but I couldn't enjoy it because I was utterly exhausted and completely insane. I look back and don't really regret wishing time would speed up. I now have the tools to deal better with number two (who is not on the way....relax.)

Over the last two weeks, Griffin has become such a little personality. The new resting place for my tush is the floor. The only time I am on the couch or in my chair is when I am nursing Griffin. Or of course when he has finally gone to bed for the night. I reside on the floor. At first I found this rather uncomfortable, but now I have grown used to the idea that the floor is my permanent resting place for the time being. I love to sit back against the couch and watch Griff play with his cars. Watching him learn how they work and move fascinates me. I can almost see his brain working. Then he quickly moves on to the next thing. He finds a set of toy keys. He lays down on his back, holds them in front of his face and jiggles them. He shakes them. He slams them down by his side. He listens to the noise they make as they all smack together. Then, of course, he finds the need to crawl over to me and climb on and over my knees. I am his own personal Mount Everest. After an intense session of playing, I find that Griff is hungry. How does he let me know? He sucks in his lower lip and moos at me. Not the conventional moo sound, but more of a Mmmmhmmmmmm. The kid is a riot.

He is a seven month old who seems like he is really much older. He sits without being propped up. He crawls. He can go from his belly to sitting. He walks along the edge of our ottoman. He would rather be walking then doing almost anything else. He is constantly chatting.... Or chatting loudly, like yelling. He giggles and laughs and smiles like there is nothing better in the world. He is amazing. I am in aw of him. I look at him and think, he is me. He is my husband. He is mine... ours. He is this little person who is growing and learning way faster
than I ever expected. He is my little Griffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment