Sunday, January 16, 2011

Griffin... an only child!

Over the last month and a half or so.... I've been threatening Griffin! Not in the usual sense like "I won't buy you any toys"... or "just wait till your Papa comes home" but rather "I'm not going to give you any brothers or sisters to play with if you don't stop being a pest!"  As you've all read my previous posts, Griffin has been rather difficult.  He decides when he wants to sleep and eat.  He decides where I sleep for the night.  About a week ago, I decided that I needed to take charge and stop letting a 4 month old run my life!  What?  I didn't know any better, first time parent here.  : )  Well, I did some reading on naps and nursing and routines.  I thought that I had a routine, but how wrong I was.  I needed to stop letting Griffin tell me when and where and instead tell him when and where!  So, we started a strict, well rarely strict routine.  It's worked.... Kind of.  The whole bed time is still a little hard.  I put him down after nursing and he wakes up.  We play the dance of fussing and sleeping till 11:00 or so and then he has been zonking out till 4am, nursing and then asleep till at least 8am.  

This morning, when I was cleaning up Griffin's morning oatmeal extravaganza, my husband told Griffin that if he didn't buck up, I was going to refuse to have more children.  I won't lie.... the thought has crossed my mind.  Do I want more of these little monsters.  While I love being a mom, some days are very hard to get through.  The smiles and giggles make it worth it, but damn..... do I want more of these little monsters while I have a 2 year old running around? Hmmm, it's a serious thought.  I want a family of more than one child, but currently, at this very moment, I am very satisfied with one.  Will I change my mind once Griffin gets a little more independence, I'm sure.  I hope.........   

1 comment:

  1. I changed my mind. And then number 2 came along, ha! When I look back, I think how EASY it was having just one :) and my Gabe was a lot like your Griff :) and that's why we stopped at 2!

    ReplyDelete