Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Eve

Ah... Good ol New Years Eve.  The night where everyone stays up late to watch a ball drop from Times Square.  A night to kiss a loved one...... or a complete stranger for some.  A night to drink and drink till you find yourself with blurry vision and/or stumbling.  For me, it was a night to carry a not-so-happy Griffin around the living room.  We started the night out fantastic.  Bath, lotion, story, nursing... sleeping!  YAY!!!  Then came 10:00pm.  Griffin woke in his swing crying a river.  My husband and I both tried to soothe him, but he was not having any of it.  I had turned the t.v off, attempting for a quiet atmosphere.  Next thing I knew, my husband was coming into the living room asking for a kiss.  HUH?!  Happy New Year!!  I totally missed the ball dropping.  Well, at least I missed it live.  Thanks for technology, I was able to watch it second hand. 

I remember this time last year, I was curled up on the couch, wondering to myself, if the reason my eyes were heavy was because I was getting old.  I found myself half asleep while the ball dropped.  I was thinking to myself, have I gotten so out of touch and so old that I no longer have the desire to stay up and watch performers sing songs that were dubbed over.  Or watch Dick Clark attempt to count down from 20?  Looking back, it was mostly because I was unknowingly pregnant and dealing with exhaustion.  Funny, how last year I was sound asleep and this year I was half asleep carrying a baby who wanted nothing to do with sleep.  I'm telling myself now that he just wanted to ring in the New Year with his Mama and Papa. And that he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment