Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Single Moms..... My hats off!

My hats off to all the single moms out there.  I spent one night, home alone, with Griffin and I almost felt like the world was coming to an end.  Well, it wasn't that dramatic, but I definitely give single moms, or single dads for that matter, serious credit!  I have the luxury of being a stay at home mom.  I don't have to go to work day after day and then come home to take care of an infant.  So, to those moms and dads who do the dance of working and single parenthood, man you're amazing.  I'm sure that if I absolutely had to, I could manage.  I'm a strong woman.  I can take care of myself and Griffin, but it's sure nice knowing that I have my husband to help.  It's nice knowing that I can hand Griffin off to him to take a shower or go grocery shopping.  When I think of going at this alone my heart skips a beat and my palms get sweaty.  I guess I should take the time to say a Thank You to my husband for being my husband.  For being there for me and our son. 

And on another note...  My hat is not off to the single celebrity moms who choose to have a baby because they can't find a partner in life to have a baby with.  Or to better their image as a good person.  It's almost selfish!  You might ask why do I feel this way?  Because we all know that they are not doing it alone.  Yes, okay, the single moms and dads that have children have family and friends that help.  But the celebrities all have live in nannies or nurses.  On top of that they have people to keep their houses looking like no one even lives there.  Maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic, but come on.... we all know they don't really change that many dirty diapers.  They go on the talk shows and say, "yes, I change dirty diapers and I play with so and so" but do they really do that or are they just justifying their actions to make themselves seem like a better person. Oh man, I re-read that and I sound bitter.  Maybe I'm just tired.  But again, I go back to... hooray all your single parents making life work.  I know it can't be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment