Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Day of Firsts

So, as I sit here and nurse my little lion man, I reflect on our day of firsts. Today I decided to start my very own blog. A blog of all things mommyhood, growth, annoyances, and things to say hooray about! In order to create this blog I had to first find the time to park my un-excercised fanny in front of the computer. Not an easy feat with a 12 week old who rarely likes to sit on his own. My solution to that..... Strap him in my moby sling and hope for the best. We got about 10 mins in and the whining ensued. My solution to that..... Mumford and Sons. I got instant results! Mumford and Sons has been our go to for getting Griffin's attention. He enjoyed their incredible lyrics and my horrific singing for about 15 minutes and fell asleep. So there I was,left to develop my very first blog. The process of creating one, easy. The process of thinking of a title... Daunting. Almost as bad as thinking about going to the grocery store with a cranky 12 week old. I settled on TinyTubChatter. The meaning I'm sure you are wondering. Botticello, my married name, means little barrel. I decided to change it a bit with a visit to a thesaurus and came up with TinyTub. As for the chatter, well that's what I'm doing. Chatting about this and that.

After I had my title, I was ready to start blogging, but Griffin decided this was a good time for a marathon nursing session. As I sat in the chair that I think I'm going to start referring to as my throne, I thought about how personal I was willing to be with this new endeavor. I have since decided to just write, or type rather, whatever comes to mind. I will share things that just come to mind. Things that might help other moms. Things that make you laugh, or things that just keep you up to date in the life of our little Botticello family.


So, I'm sure that you are wondering, or maybe not, what our other first was. Griffin thought that today might be a good day to let out his first real giggle. We were sitting on our nursing throne, chatting back and forth. I leaned down and nibbled on his toes, I looked up to see a beautiful gummy smile, followed by the greatest sound in the world... A genuine baby giggle. Oh, the emotional wreck I've been lately, burst into tears. Let me just say that the last two weeks have been a bit rough around here. A lot of fussiness and a downright grumpy baby, but that giggle made the last two weeks worth it. I'm now learning that's how mommyhood works. Hard days/weeks will happen, but so will smiles and hugs and toothless giggles. Oh I'm so looking forward to the next time I get to hear that happy sound escape my little man.


Okay Okay, I'm done my first marathon blog. I hope I've intrigued you all. I hope you all decide to come back as frequently as you like and enjoy my ramblings and chatter.

1 comment:

  1. I have been a slacker blogger lately. By the way, I think we picked the same backround.

    ReplyDelete