Friday, December 10, 2010

i never knew..... or no one ever told me.

I never knew I'd miss my own bed. I say this because more times than not, I have ended up sleeping anywhere other than my own, glorious king size bed. I have ended up on the couch at 5 am, while Griffin gets some much needed shut eye in his swing. Or I've ended up attempting to sleep on the slightly uncomfortable spare bed in Griffin's room. Why would I sleep there? Because on the nights that Griff decides he wants to spit his pacifier out the second I get comfortable in my warm bed, which the dog has kept warm for me, I must return to Griff's crib side and begin the soothing process all over again. After the 4th time... It's just easier to sleep 3 feet away instead of the next room over. Where on my trek back, the floor boards creak or I bump into the baby gate.

So there I was this morning, sleeping, wrapped up in blankets on the couch in the living room. Griffin refused to go back to sleep in his room, so down to our trusty old swing. He was warm, had a full belly and a clean diaper... Off to dreamland he went. So again, I was robbed of waking up next to my adorable Des and my handsome husband. But, then I stop and think, well at least Griff is sleeping, so maybe we'll have a day of happy baby. That makes the couch worth it.

They tell you, you won't get much sleep. Well I get decent sleep, just not in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment